2 Pounds Frozen (Boneless and Skinless)
2 Jars of your favorite salsa
1 TSP Cilantro
1 Packet low sodium taco seasoning
1. Pour Both jars of salsa into crockpot/slow cooker.
2. Cut the lime in half or quarters.
3. Add Cilantro, Taco Seasoning and lime juice to the salsa and stir.
4. Carefully Stand each chicken breast up in the crockpot (Vertically) *The salsa will help from chicken falling over *
5. Set Crockpot on low/medium for 6-8 hours (I use a spoon or tongs to periodically move the chicken around every hour or so)
6. After 6 or 8 hours set your crockpot to warm. Using tongs or forks, you can break up the chicken (It should shred apart very easily) *There will be extra liquid left.. just toss it!
This is really good served over white or brown rice. It can also be topped with diced avocado and a dollop of Greek yogurt! This can also be used as chicken tacos *topped with the typical taco toppings!
If you've ever dieted before, chances are you've done the chicken and (Insert veggie Here) meal preps or dinners for yourself and/or your family. Chicken is a staple in the fitness community because it offers a very high amount of protein. Its also a very lean meat, and quite affordable. We're not talking about chicken wings or chicken parmesan, wouldn't that be nice thought? We can only dream.
If you are wanting to continue to eat chicken while on your fitness path and are sick of the same grilled, tasteless variety, this recipe is one for the books. It's very easy to make, and using a slow cooker, all you need to do is add ingredients, set it and forget it!
Hope you enjoy!